2012 BEST BUY OF THE YEAR-BLADE MAGAZINE, MEN’S JOURNAL APPROVED-JANUARY 2013
If you’ve been craving a Rick Hinderer knife, but couldn’t quite part with the bucks, your last excuse has just disappeared. The Cryo is the result of collaboration between Rick Hinderer and the design and production engineers at Kershaw. And we’re sure it will satisfy both your Hinderer craving and the demands of your wallet.
A classic Rick Hinderer design, the Cryo is built of pure stainless steel coated with matte grey titanium carbo-nitride for a no-fuss look that lets the design shine through. Like all Rick’s knives, the Cryo benefits from Rick’s real world experience as a fire fighter and EMT. It’s designed to be a sturdy knife that’s still aesthetically pleasing and feels good in the hand.
For secure blade lock up, the Cryo offers a tough frame lock with lockbar stabilization. The Cryo also features Kershaw’s SpeedSafe® assisted opening for fast and easy one-handed opening. Access it with either the built-in flipper or the thumb stud.
Slightly smaller than some Hinderer pocketknives, the Cryo is a superb knife for every day carry. EDC this guy for a while and we think you’ll soon appreciate its virtues. You get the tactical, hard-use looks you’re looking for, a Hinderer design, and SpeedSafe opening in this amazingly affordable Kershaw that’s destined to be the Hinderer for the rest of us.
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
- Flipper and thumb stud
- 4-position deep-carry pocketclip (tip-up/tip-down; left/right)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, titanium carbo-nitride coating
- Handle: 410 stainless steel, titanium carbo-nitride coating
- Blade Length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.75 in. (9.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (116.2 g)