The Browning Hawthorne series tents are free-standing, two-pole designs using shock-corded fiberglass poles with aluminum ferrules. We use aluminum, rather than steel ferrules, because aluminum will never rust. Our fiberglass poles are a larger diameter than most standard poles and will provide you with a sturdier, stronger tent. We use lightweight but strong polyester fabrics. The side walls are uncoated, so the tent can “breathe” under the urethane coated fly. The fly uses a pole in the top, which means you will have an awning over each door for excellent rain protection. Our fly is full length for superior weather protection. Our factory seals the seams on the floor and fly for maximum water repellency. Two doors provide enhanced entry and exit, which means if you need to get out at night, you won’t have to crawl over the others to get to the door. The second door also provides extra ventilation in hot, muggy weather. Our No. 8 door zippers offer extra durability and smooth operation. Mesh storage pockets and a gear loft are included to help keep your gear organized. The Hawthorne is conveniently available in both a 4-person and 6-person version.
- Easy entry with two doors and “single zip operation”
- Free-standing two-pole design with shock corded fiberglass poles
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500 mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T polyester taffeta floor with 1500 mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on both doors for extra durability
- Great ventilation with two zippered windows (located on the doors) and large mesh panels
- Weatherproof fly with a ridge pole provides an awning over each door
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 8″ steel stakes and guy ropes included
- Base size: 7’6 x 8’6
- Center height: 60″
- Tent area: 64 ft²
- Total weight: 11 lbs. 4 oz.
- Packed size: 7″ x 24″
- Pole diameter: 11 mm